The Darkened North
Cold Harbor is located on the shores of the Lake. A walled town, the market once supported both local trade and merchants travelling north along the Old Imperial Road.
Outer Gates and Walls – Open by day, closed and barred at night, the outer gate is always policed by at least two guards.
2. Wrafton’s Inn – A spacious inn and tavern, Wrafton’s serves as the local public house for the region. Like alehoues everywhere, Wrafton’s Inn offers beer, wine, and on occasion, spirits. Meals are served for those with the coin, and beds for travelers are available. A crowd of villagers gathers each night to drink, sing, gossip and play games of chance. The Inn is owned and operated by Salvana Wrafton
3. Market Square – Every other day carts and wagons gather in the square to sell their goods.
4. Former Stables – Recently, the stables have been under renovation. On market days make-shift stables are located outside the town walls.
5. Smithy – A dwarf named Thair Coalstriker owns the local smithy.
6. Valthrun’s Tower – This five-story structure is the tallest building in Cold Harbor and rumored to be over 300 years old. Valthrun, a sage and scholar, inhabits the top two levels.
7. Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe – Has a variety of standard goods and gear available. Occasionally dabbles in rare and exotic items. Bairwin Wildarson, proprietor, claims to have traveled the world.
9. Tenements – The large tenement structure features apartments for the village residents who don’t own farms or who work in the businesses within the village walls.
10. Temple – Once several deities were worshiped in the large stone structure. Currently, the Temple is overseen by Mortus, Priest of the Raven Queen.
11. Inner Gate – The inner gate is closed and guarded by two Winterhaven guards during the daytime.
12. Cold Harbor Siege Supplies – Though it hasn’t happened in a couple of years, on occasion when Cold Harbor comes under attack villagers seek refuge inside the walled keep and subsist on the supplies stored here.
13. Cold Harbor Barracks – This military-style barracks is home to The Cold Harbor Regulars.
14. Manor House – This grand manor house was built when Cold Harbor was an outpost of the Empire. Currently the home of Lord Padraig, his wife and their four sons. It is a beautiful example of stone architecture in a village otherwise comprised of thatch and wood.